It’s not a secret, we’re excited that The Divergent Series: Insurgent is available in stores this Tuesday (August 4th) and the world will finally be able to have more Theo James alone in the comfort of their own home. This really is a great time to be alive.
So to celebrate, Lionsgate bestowed upon us an early copy of Insurgent on Blu-ray, and a couple extras to spread the FourTris love and host giveaways. So hang tight because first I’m going to gush a little about the special features, get you all excited for this release, and then tell you how you can enter to win your own Theo James… don’t you wish? I know I do. No but seriously, we have some great things to giveaway down below so you’re not going to want to pass this up.
The Blu-ray for The Divergent Series: Insurgent includes Tobias hours of bonus material. <That’s 4 hours for those who don’t pick up on the Four puns too quickly ;p> And as soon as the mailman dropped off my review copy (and after I finished a shift at work) I tore into the special features to get my Divergent fix. They didn’t disappoint… except for the part where there are no deleted scenes, but I already got that rant out of my system so I’ll spare you.
But there is a ton of great stuff on this Blu-ray and I’m so grateful for it. The special features this time around include:
- “Insurgent Unlocked: The Ultimate Behind-the-Scenes Access” – Step onto the set through this insightful feature length piece as you watch the movie in real time
- “From Divergent to Insurgent” – Join the cast and filmmakers as they take a look back at the story that started it all in this Divergent refresher
- “The Others: Cast and Characters” – Get to know the Insurgent newcomers.
- “The Train Fight Unlocked” – Delve deeper into the story, stunts and choreography that went into the creation of the thrilling train fight sequence
- “The Peter Hayes Story” – Uncover the mysterious motivations of fan favorite, Peter Hayes played by Miles Teller
- “Diverging: Adapting Insurgent to the Screen” – Discover how Insurgent was adapted for the big screen
- Audio Commentary With Producers Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher – Feature length audio commentary from those that made Insurgent possible
The Insurgent Unlocked: The Ultimate Behind-the-Scenes Access was easily one of the coolest things. I don’t know if other movies do this, but if they don’t they all should start. When you start this special feature it’s like your average BTS footage and it starts with Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher, but there’s a picture-in-picture box that is actually playing the movie. It plays from start to finish (with no sound of course) while the main focus is on the cast and crew talking about the making of the film, their experiences, how things were shot, and just a TON of amazing things that any Divergent fan needs to know. The entire time I was watching it I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I enjoy watching movies with the commentary on, but this was like visual commentary so it was a thousand times better! This is hands down the best feature on there, and I’m so glad we get to share this with 3 lucky people who will be receiving their own copies of the Blu-ray.
That’s right, it’s giveaway time. We know it’s what you really want. So here it is.
We’re giving away 3 different prizes!
- 1st winner will receive a copy of The Divergent Series: Insurgent on Blu-ray + Digital HD
- 2nd winner will receive a copy of The Divergent Series: Insurgent 3D Combo Pack (which includes the 3D version, the Blu-ray, the DVD, and the digital HD copy!)
- The final grand prize winner will receive a copy of Divergent on Blu-ray + DVD*, a copy of The Divergent Series: Insurgent on Blu-ray + Digital HD, and TWO Insurgent character posters! (all pictured below)
So you really can’t lose. All you have to do is enter the Rafflecopter below and wait as patiently as possible until we announce a winner on August 5th!
1 winner will be chosen at random for each prize and it is US only based on DVD/Blu-ray restrictions and also shipping restrictions. We know, it’s a bummer.
Thanks again to Lionsgate for being the best!
*For the copy of Divergent on Blu-ray + DVD there is still a digital HD copy inside, but please note that it has expired since the release was over a year ago, which is a bummer, but the DVD and Blu-ray are still amazing.