Last night was the season 6 finale of ‘The Vampire Diaries’ aired, as well as Nina Dobrev’s last episode on the show. Elena is gone ya’all. Now you are being warned…. If you don’t want Spoilers… click away because SPOILERS are after this picture:
Okay, Lets get to it! Remember I said that there are spoilers ahead!
So lets catch you up on what’s been going on. Elena took the cure. She’s human again. Kai came back from his prison world with an angry wedgie up his butt and placed a spell on Elena linking her life to Bonnie’s. So as long as Bonnie Lives, she is basically sleeping beauty or snow-white. Not sure which. Is she dead? Not really? I think? Is Kai dead? Damon chopped his head off rather grossly with just his hand. So the part that is confusing me is that if Kai is dead… wouldn’t his spell have been broken on them? I’m just so confused as to what the rules are anymore with this show.
Lets start with what I LOVED about this episode:
1. Elena’s Hair and Clothes. Guys Elena LOOKED like human Elena for the majority of the episode and just that one little change in bringing back her straight boring hair gave me the feels. Her clothes were all ON POINT! From the dress she was wearing for the wedding and her flashback/good-bye things. The outfit she wore when saying goodbye to Stefan. Loved. Also… Damon and Stefan’s hair was very first season as well
2. The Flashback/Goodbye things. I loved that Stefan cried. STEFAN CRIED and it broke my heart. I loved Bonnie’s goodbye. As soon as she walked into Elena’s old bedroom I knew there were going to be feathers floating. Damon’s goodbye: Miss Mystic Falls dance. That is all.
3. JEREMY- If they didn’t bring him back to “say goodbye” to his sister I was gonna be a little pissed.
4. Time Jump??? I THINK it looks as though there will be a significant time jump in Season 7? Mystic Falls looks like a ghost town. Matt is a Cop and Damon is Doc Brown standing on the clock tower looking like he’s waiting for lighting.
5. STEROLINE: I was very strongly team “Stelena” in the beginning of the series. I then became I don’t care if she is with Damon but I need to see my Stefan happy. Caroline has been my favorite female character on the show since she became a vamp and I’ve always thought her and Stefan should be more. They just work! We got to see Stefan profess some feelings last night to Caroline and it was GREAT. OTP! This is what Stefan had to say to her: “Yesterday you told me you had made a list of all the ways that loving me has ruined your life. And I get it, I haven’t made it easy on you, but I made a list, too, of all the ways that loving you has changed mine. You were by my side when I needed a friend, you made me laugh, you made me dance, you told me that I’d find love again. And I understand if you need time to heal and to live your life without me. I understand if I have to wait for you…and I will…I’ll wait. And when you’re ready for me, I will be ready for you.” — Stefan Salvatore SWOON
Now lets talk about the things I hated about this episode:
1.The Goodbye’s/Flashback. Yes I realize this was on my Loved list too. But some of it was just… lame. Why were they saying goodbyes with her lying in a COFFIN? Couldn’t she have been in a bed for that part. It was just weird. I got bored with some of them…. Maybe I should go re watch… Is Elena Dead? Is she sleeping? What the hell is going on here?! Why didn’t the spell break when Kai died? Why didn’t they just KILL her instead of giving fans false hope of coming back. I feel like this makes it pretty obvious that Elena will “come back” for the Series Finale of the show though. I have come to like Bonnie this season more than I ever have in previous seasons, but I find it hard to believe that Damon wouldn’t have killed her.
2. Enzo… Lilly… their family etc… I think that obviously this “Family” of Lilly’s is going to go crazy on Mystic Falls…. Hence the destruction in the jump ahead. But the thing is, I just don’t CARE! While I don’t necessarily dislike Enzo, his storyline feels forced and no longer needed.
3. Killing off the Gemini Coven?? GUYS they killed off LIV and JO and all their crazy relatives. WHY!!! Liv and her awesome hair and Jo have been the best thing that happened to this show! Let alone that ONCE AGAIN poor Alaric has to deal with the death of someone he loved… AND his babies!! What the Heck Julie Plec! Life is NOT fair for poor Ric. Can we also mention how Kai is one of the best Villains this show has ever had?? Why didn’t he get his own spin off show in New Orleans?
4. Tyler is a werewolf again. I get it… he needed to bite Kai yada yada. But so now what? We know that Michael Trevino is leaving the show as well so he just runs off into the wilderness now? Over it.
As a whole it was a pretty good episode that kept me engaged, screaming WHAT!, and tearing up. The little preview of what is to come next season made me think that hmm… maybe Elena being gone WILL be interesting. I don’t care for what they did with Elena. I personally think they should have just killed her. If she isn’t going to come back for season 7 at all, why give the fans false hope? Was this a last-minute decision on Nina’s part? Did they not have enough time to give Elena a proper goodbye and funeral? Who knows. I’ve been loyal to this show even through the bad seasons and I will keep watching because I just can’t give it up. It’s a drug. And Paul Wesley.
Tell us your thoughts on the Season Finale of TVD in the Comments!