Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is a freebie week, so we came up with something we could have fun with together, both Lydia and I made recommendation lists for each other, choosing the top 5 books we want each other to read!
- Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon because I know she will love love love it just as much as I do!
- The Selection Series by Kiera Cass because she’s such a sucker for The Bachelor and I just know she’ll eat this series up.
- Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli because everyone needs some gay YA in their life, and I truly believe anyone who reads Simon is going to crave more.
- Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi because it’s one of my all time favorite’s and just know she will feel all the same feels I do every single time.
- Nil Series by Lynne Matson because Lost is her fave show ever and I know that this series will give her similar feels.
Lydia’s book recs for Kylie:
- The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. One of my all time favorite books and I really want her to read an amazing Sarah Dessen book. I just know this is the perfect one to fall in love with. 🙂
- Sundays at Tiffany’s by James Patterson. Though this is classified as an adult book, I read it when I was 14 and loved it. It’s a romance with a little bit of magic that will make her weep.
- The Prophecy of the Stones by Flavia Bujor. A fantasy about three girls who each possess a stone that leads them on a journey, while another girl in a different world fights for her life. I really love this book and I think it needs to be more well-known. Even though she’s not a huge fan of fantasy, I think this is one she will totally love.
- Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. Another fantasy, but it involves someone who can read themselves into a book. And I know she’s had that wish before. 😛
- Me Being Me Is Exactly as Insane as You Being You by Todd Hasak-Lowy. I haven’t read it yet, but she should definitely read it too since she gave it to me and I feel like it could be something we’d have a lot of feels over together. And we had an adventure trying to find the name of this book. 😛